The End of a Chapter
It is with great sadness that we announce the closing of the birth center on September 30, 2012. We have been blessed to have attended over 700 births since 2003. It has been a great pleasure to work with our families and help them give birth in a safe, comfortable and supportive environment. Our belief in and support of women seeking natural childbirth in a setting of their choosing is unwavering. We are so sorry that our community will no longer have a birth center to serve those that want that option. Thank you so much for inviting us into your lives.
~The Greenhouse Birth Center Staff (email@example.com)
The Greenhouse Birth Center
1831 Newman Road
Okemos, MI 48846
Take a Tour
Information Session every Thursday, 7 PM
Join us any Thursday at 7 PM for our Information Night where you can tour our center, meet a midwife and have an opportunity to ask any questions you might have.
About Our Center
...that the birth process and babies belong to women and families.
- That birth works.
- That just as our bodies know how to grow and nurture our babies, they know how to give birth and how to feed them.
- That the very things that help you go throughout pregnancy safely and well are the things that will help you give birth safely and well - health, confidence, support, privacy, and tender loving care.
- That the best way to care for a pregnant woman is to educate her, support her, nurture her, and help her watch for problems so that she can avoid them or correct them when possible.
- That if a problem should arise with mother or baby, consultation and collaboration with appropriate health care professionals provides safety and smooth transition of care when needed.
- That the presence and assistance of experienced women -the midwives- are useful guides to mothers in their journey of pregnancy, birth, and parenting.
- That a safe, comfortable space, designed for gentle birth and individualized care is the ideal way to provide our services to the women in our community who want alternatives to the medical model of care but are not comfortable with a home birth.
Pregnancy, birth, and parenting are supported wonderfully by nature.
Here is what you get:
- The marvelously complex creation of a human being from two half cells,
- The awesome power of a woman giving birth to the child she nurtured, and a wise body that knows how,
- An inborn ability to relax and birth your baby efficiently, without suffering,
- The wonder of the fierce need baby and parents have for each other.
....all refined over countless generations to work time after time to insure that the human species continues.
You Can Do This!
There are many ways you can care for yourself and prepare for this amazing event.
We will help you develop the resources available - from within and without - to have a healthy pregnancy, give birth safely, and parent your new baby optimally.